Thursday, July 1, 2010

Baby Steps!

Last year I began a half hearted attempt at braille. I sort of, kind of practiced while commuting to school in Edmond but would soon replace my braille manual for the sounds of FM radio. But today was the first time I practiced braille knowing that I had to learn it and I was actually a little nervous. It took a high degree of concentration. I spent over an hour reading two pages whose words were limited to the first five letters of the alphabet. And so begins my first steps into the world of braille literacy and independence.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I it wonderfull for you to share your life with us. My hats off to you for studying braille. You are always in our prayers. Susan Diethrich

    ReplyDelete
  2. THREE CHEERS FOR YOU!!!!! I definitely believe it took a lot of concentration. It's so frustrating TO HAVE TO learn something as opposed to WANTING TO learn it. I think of Dieter Uchtdorf who just could NOT get the hang of English.. and then he found out he HAD TO in order to fly planes. I think English is easier than Braille but what do I know?

    ReplyDelete