Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thoughts from Teri

Our friends took us to see” Toy Story 3” today. It was bitter sweet as I sat by Tom, and realized that he could not see the screen as well as he used to. I try to imagine being him sometimes, and the emotions he must feel. My heart has ached thinking that he may not see his grandchildren, or see the beautiful sunsets that he loves. I imagine my world getting darker, and I just can’t imagine….. This has been a difficult week emotionally for the whole family, as we all see changes in Tom’s sight. One thought I keep thinking is that we are truly blessed as Tom is not dealing with cancer, or any life threatening illness (and we have friends and family that are). Though an incredible challenge at times, Tom will learn to be successful in whatever lies ahead. I wish you could know him as I do, and know of his greatness. I have no doubt that through his life experiences he will be able to strengthen those who know him and show love and compassion where others cannot.

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to all of you. The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri, you are the perfect example of kindness and goodness. You are one of the people I admire most on this earth! Your family is blessed.

    ReplyDelete