Friday, June 25, 2010

The Inner Nebula


Nebulae are some of the most spectacular images found in the universe. They are clouds of ionized hydrogen gas that reflect light from nearby stars. They are also the most accurate way to visually depict part of the distortion I experience every minute of my life, even when my eyes are closed and I am trying to sleep. Imagine this image inside of your minds eye. Now imagine the image constantly fluctuating in shape and intensity. Unfortunately my inner nebula has become larger in the last few days. But the nebula is not the only distortion I see. Every couple of days another distortion occurs in addition to the ever-present nebula. Imagine a translucent, amber colored waviness set behind the nebula, on the top part of my field of vision. This is where my eyesight has completely gone. The waviness typically lasts for a couple of days, subsides and then returns.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Br. Taylor, for explaining to us how it is with you and what you see. It really helps to know that. Maybe you're part Space Man. Maybe we should call you Rocket Man! :) (Not trying to insult or minimize what you're going through-- just trying to get you to smile....)

    ReplyDelete