Saturday, June 19, 2010

Reality Check

Recently I had lunch with a (sighted) friend who asked me what I was doing to prepare for the loss of my eyesight. I told him that I was working on improving my proficiency with some computer skills and needed to get better at braille. But the truth is I am not doing much at all. In reality, I'm doing nothing. I am slowly but surely going blind and I'm doing almost nothing. And as Teri pointed out, I am not prepared. I owe it to my family and myself to face the challenge and not avoid it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're A) scared to death and B) in denial. I totally relate to not doing anything. You're petrified. This cannot be happening. WHY is God allowing it to happen? Doesn't He understand you have a family to raise? (At least those would be MY thoughts if I were in your shoes.)

    And who do you know that can offer solid advice? Who can guide you in this unknown path that lies ahead?

    Take comfort in your wonderful wife, your delightful children, and KNOW that they're being raised STRONG in the Gospel and WILL rise up to call you blessed....when you face the challenge and grow stronger from it. Who knows but that YOU can be a guiding light to others?

    ReplyDelete