Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Bit of Humor

First, the bad jokes.

Why can't Helen Keller drive? (If you don't know who Helen Keller is, skip to the next joke.)
Because she is a woman.

Why did the orange go blind?
Because it didn't have enough vitamin see.

Last week I woke up late for class and Teri offered to drive me to school so I hurriedly got ready . She drops me off and I almost ran to class. (Imagine you are on the campus of University of Central Oklahoma and you see this blind guy rushing past you as he taps his cane back and forth!) I get to the building, go up the stairs and discover that the students are just then entering the room. As I enter the room, I place my cane in the corner by the door, walk to a desk, sit down and begin to prepare for the lecture. And then I notice the professor is a lot younger. I muse to myself "Perhaps he is a substitute". Then he asks me if I was a new student in the class. I was in the wrong classroom! My embarrassment was tempered with the knowledge that the students would see me retreiv my cane as I left and would think "That poor blind guy entered the wrong class." In my career as a college student, I had never before gone to the wrong classroom. Three days later I get to class early, take my seat and then leave for the men's room. I return to the class and again place my cane in the corner as I entered. But someone was sitting in my seat. Unfortunately it was not my seat because I had once again entered the wrong classroom. It was the same class that I had accidentally entered a few days earlier. I couldn't help notice the snickering as I once again retrieved my cane and made a hasty exit from the classroom.

3 comments:

  1. I would have laughed hysterically, seeing you run through campus with you cane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! The wrong class twice! That's a bummer! (I'm surprised Teri didn't give you an electronic knock upside the head for the Hellen Keller joke!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud you for never having gone to the wrong class before. It has happened to me a couple times, but here's the best one. Once, on the first day of class, the teacher came in and started talking about manufacturing and production lines or something, it certainly wasn't the criminal justice class I was expecting, so I knew I was in the wrong class and would just wait it out. Then he talked about how he was going to give us a break so the 3 hour class wasn't so long. Three hours! I couldn't sit in the wrong class for 3 hours! I didn't even want to wait for the break so I got up to go, the teacher asked why, I told him, and everyone had a good laugh (except me).

    ReplyDelete